Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy Near to Rochdale
Hypnotherapy is a connection of two words – hypnosis and therapy. Hypnosis itself is not a treatment (apart from being relaxing), but is needed to perform the treatment (the therapy). Many people confuse the two and focus on the hypnosis rather than the therapy. The purpose is to use the benefit of the trance state, where conscious and subconscious minds are communicating, to aid therapy. The role of the hypnotherapist is to use his skills and make suggestions to help client solve their problems (physical or psychological) while in the trance state.
Hypnosis as a therapy requires expertise from the therapist and a willingness to co-operate from the client. It is not someone doing something to someone else just as a driving instructor is not making the learner drive – he is teaching, supporting, providing ways and means to practice what is taught, being a guide until the learner can drive alone. So it is with hypnotherapy.
Imagine you are in a room and an unpleasant smell is disturbing your concentration. You search the room but cannot find the cause, so you hope it will go away by itself. The next day the smell is still there and you try to put it to the back of your mind but it keeps interfering with your enjoyment of the day. You search some more but still without success. At night you begin to worry that the smell will still be there in the morning and your sleep is disturbed. This situation continues, distracting you and altering your personality so that friends comment on the change.
Eventually you decide to search outside the room. Opening a cupboard under the stairs you discover some food left over from a picnic. Immediately you feel better, you are in control. After a few days the smell has completely gone and you return to your former self.
Our problems are often similar to the unpleasant smell; they prevent us from being ourselves and achieving our real potential. We tend to search for solutions in places we know, in spite of the fact that we are not achieving results. Hypnosis helps us ‘look under the stairs’ to remove the cause of our problem. It is in essence a way of learning about ourselves without conflict or confrontation.
How to Find Us From Rochdale
View Hypnosis Rochdale driving directions in a larger map
For satellite navigation reference, the postcode for GFM Hypnosis is OL7 9NX.
Public Transport Directions From Rochdale
1. From Rochdale Central Bus Station catch the 409 bus heading towards Ashton Under Lyne.
2. After driving through Oldham you will pass Park Cake bakeries on your left and Smokies hotel on your right.
3. When you pass Smokies hotel you will be going down an hill towards Daisy Nook.
4. Once you get to the bottom of the hill it then comes back up. When you get to the top of the hill you then want to leave the bus at the next stop.
5. You then want to cross the road and take your first right down Tree House Avenue. From here take your first left and this will bring you to the rear of The Old Chapel.
6. Our GFM Hypnosis is to the left and as a cream door with with two conifers at either side. You will see our GFM Hypnosis practice sign above the door.